- Established in 1978, TAYSAD is the sole and most competent representative of the Turkish automotive supplier industry
- With 490+ members, TAYSAD represents 65% of the output of the automotive supplier industry and 70% of the industry’s exports
- 81% of TAYSAD’s members operate in the Marmara region;10% in the Aegean region and 9% in other regions of Turkey
- 490+ TAYSAD members employ more than 200,000 people.
- 24% of TAYSAD members have foreign partners who hold varying levels of shares
- TAYSAD is a member of CLEPA, the European Association of Automotive Suppliers (www.clepa.eu)
- TAYSAD has a reference position within Turkey for domestic and international OEM’s, Tier 1 Suppliers and institutions being the representative of Turkish Automotive Parts and Components Suppliers
- TAYSAD holds ISO 9001:2015 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Certificates.
To put the Turkish Automotive Supplier Industry into the top ten in the Global Automotive Market through its Design-Technology-Supply capability.
As the most competent non-govemmental organization in its own sector, TAYSAD strives to create strategies to meet the expectations of its members and to support the sustainable growth of the Automotive Supply industry through globally competitive businesses.
To ensure that it continues to serve as a “Reference Institution” in its own sector, TAYSAD keep developing itself by working in coordination with official institutions and stake holders through the strength derived from its values.
The product range of TAYSAD members covers all sorts of parts except a few items and is sufficiently diversified to support an 85-90% local parts ratio in domestically-produced motor vehicles. The main product groups manufactured by TAYSAD members operating in the motor vehicle manufacturing industry can be classified as follows:
- Complete engines and engine parts,
- Chassis parts and spare parts,
- Radiators Forged and cast parts,
- Heating, ventilating & air conditioning systems (HVAC systems)
- Electrical equipment and illumination systems,
- Power trains, Batteries,
- Brake systems and parts,
- Automobile glass,
- Hydraulic and pneumatic spare parts,
- Suspension parts,
- Design & Engineering services
- Safety spare parts,
- Simulation services
- Foam and rubber parts,
- Special vehicle production
In order to adapt to the changing competitive environment, TAYSAD members closely follow technological developments and continue to invest in innovation and expansion. With the help of their advanced manufacturing capabilities, they produce prototypes, use testing facilities, perform CNC-based and conventional machining, engage in product development, pursue collective R&D activities with foreign and domestic companies and use CAD-CAM applications during the design process.
Co-operation with Universities:
TAYSAD works with the universities, in order to increase cooperation with the industry. TAYSAD promotes the career days and support the internship programmes for the automotive engineering students.
Co-operation with Government:
TAYSAD co-operates with government authorities to improve the competitive manufacturing structure of the sector in order to establish automotive supply strategies by considering the global competition.
Training & Seminars:
TAYSAD organizes trainings for its members in order to ensure that they will adapt to the changing conditions. Top themes are Quality, R&D, HR, Finance, Management, Sales & Marketing, Lean Production.
Co-operation with OEM Companies:
TAYSAD organizes visits to local and global OEM companies to improve relationship with sub-supplier and also organizes Supplier Days & B2B meetings.
TAYSAD organizes regional member meetings every year in order to maintain closer relations and creating new projects.
International Competitiveness Development Projects:
TAYSAD provides educational and consultancy services that help its member companies expand lean production techniques and make the structural transformation necessary to meet customer expectations. Those projects are being carried out with the support of Turkish Ministry of Trade. In this way, TAYSAD improves the international competitiveness of its member companies.
TAYSAD concludes collaboration agreements with the relevant sectoral organizations of the potential foreign markets. TAYSAD organizes foreign delegation visits, especialy to the new developings areas and markets.
Corporate Social Responsibility Projects:
TAYSAD leads CSR Projects, ADMOG and 20.000 Careers, to support Vocational High School’s applied education courses and inform university students regarding the career opportunities in automotive ındustry.
TAYSAD signs agreements with trade fair organizations in order to provide more appropriate conditions for its members to participate in the domestic and international exhibitons, and also participates in the adequate trade fairs by establishing an info stand to promote and publicize the manufacturing technical capacities of its members.
TAYSAD publicises Supplier Industry’s needs and solution methods through out media.
Meetings & Conferences:
TAYSAD participates in the domestic and international conferences and meetings concerning automotive industry. TAYSAD organizes also events for its members in order to ensure that they adapt to the changing conditions. TAYSAD shares the latest global informations through those organizations.
TAYSAD publishes “TAYSAD Magazine” every 2 months. Developments in the automotive industry and the future predictions are shared via TAYSAD Magazine also.
TAYSAD provides substantial benefits to the organizations by means of annual “Benchmarking Study” that makes the comparison of its members with respect to other plants in the industry in general and manufacturing processes.